Hi fit family :)
Sometimes when you don't see your body changing is probably because you're eating something that won't let you lose weight. So I hope this post helps you a little bit :)
- Regular & diet sodas. Did you know that artificial sweeteners contained in diet soda tricks your brain into increasing your cravings for more food? Drinking regular soda is like drinking 20+ packets of pure sugar! And when you digest pure sugar it is very easily converted into fat and it makes your blood sugar rise and drop so fast that you'll quickly be craving another can of soda or another bad food that causes weight gain.
- Alcohol. Is basically the refined juice of natural foods which makes it a drink of pure concentrated sugar that will make you gain fat easily. Alcohol can slow your metabolism down by 73%.
- Snacks like: potato chips, popcorn, cookies, candy, ice cream, cakes, etc.: The ingredients in these foods make you want to eat more.
- Processed foods: the processing of these foods removes all the stuff that helps you lose weight and replaces it with stuff like sugar, corn syrup and hydrogenated oils to make you fatter so…read food labels AND INGREDIENTS, avoid anything that has sugar as its main source of carbs or has corn syrup & hydrogenated oils as ingredients and… don't be fooled by the term "Multigrain" since it's just a fancy word for processed carbs and choose "Whole Grain" products only.
- Salt & Sugar: too much salt & sugar causes you to gain water weight making you look fatter than you already are.
- Artificial Sweeteners: Nutrasweet, Equal, & Sweet N Low that you use in your coffee will make you gain weight by also increasing your cravings (just like diet sodas do).
- Condiments: Condiments is used to enhance the flavor of food. Condiments found in ketchup, mayonnaise, salad dressings, pickle relish, tartar sauce, steak sauce, barbecue sauce, margarine, soy sauce, creamy horseradish sauce, cocktail sauce etc. Avoid salads with rich dressings. This leads to fat storage and water retention. The better condiment to lose weight is lemon and balsamic vinegar.
- Reduce sodium content: Some of the foods high in sodium include MSG, soy sauce and brine.
- Cheeses: Try to reduce cheeses in sandwiches, soups and pastas. Some of the cheeses include cream cheese, butter and cottage cheese.
- Avoid canned soups: Avoid canned soup if you are trying to lose weight. One can of diluted soup contains about 1700 mg of sodium.
- Meats: Avoid processed meats, sausages and hot dogs.
- Glycemic fruits: Reduce the use of high glycemic fruits, especially if you are trying to lose weight such watermelon, raisins, prunes and pineapple. These fruits are high in sugar. (I'm NOT saying that these fruits are bad, just reduce the intake of these)
- Oils: Avoid hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils. Instead you can use healthy oils such as canola, coconut oil or a cooking spray.
- Fruit juice: It's better to eat raw fruit instead of fruit juice because fruits contain more fiber and the juice will always contain more sugar than the actual fruit.
- Honey: it has minimal nutritional value & has the same calorie content as sugar.
Now you're probably wondering... then what can I eat?!
Well loves... click here to see what kind of foods you can eat :)